Our Fees for Immigration Cases
Application for leave to remain and or enter
Hourly rate: This work is conducted at this firm by Miss Alphonna Begum who is a solicitor of 13 years post qualification, (Since 2010). Her hourly rate is £250 plus VAT at 20%.
This type of work may take between 4-10 hours to complete. Assuming an hourly rate of £250. This means that on average costs are between £1400 and £2450. VAT of 20% is added on top of the fee.
The precise number of hours work will depend on the circumstances of your case. Such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider;
- Overseas translation documents;
- Which language(s) you speak;
- Whether you are applying with other dependents;
- Any previous history of your application.
If you are able to provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is most likely to be at the lower end of this range.
Value Added Tax VAT
20% Value added tax (VAT) will be added to our fees.
What services include:
The work will involve:
- discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
- giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules, case law and Upper Tribunal Decisions and whether you meet the factual criteria.
- considering all supporting evidence you may provide, which we anticipate will take 3 – 4 hours;
- where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses;
- preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf online or otherwise, which may take 2-3 hours;
- Assist you at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview 9this may take up a full working day).
- Keeping you updated about the outcome of the application and any further steps you may need to take.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Home Office fees, expert opinions, medical notes and any other third party expenses that may occur in your case. Additional fees of travel expenses may also incur where we have to attend for an interview. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary. Medical experts fees vary and may exceed £1000 or more;
- Interpreters fees (typically at £50 per hour). This kind of application will normally require between 2-4 hours with an interpreter, depending on the complexity of your case.
The costs quoted here do not include:
- Any Home Office related fees, Immigration Health Surcharges, any appeal or Judicial Review costs in respect of the application. You will pay this to the Home Office or their relevant department directly as part of the application and appeal process.
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, further advice and assistance in relation to any appeal
How long will my application take?
We will normally be able to submit this type of application within 4 weeks of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.
Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.
We can also, in some cases agree a fixed fee. This is something we can discuss and agree in our initial meeting. Alternatively please call us and ask to speak to Miss Alphonna Begum directly. Please note: We do not undertake legal aid immigration work.